Physical Therapists are experts in the examination and treatment of muscles, bones and nerve problems that affect peoples’ abilities to move the way they want and function as well as they want in their daily lives.
When can a Physical Therapist help you at home?
- After a hip or knee replacement surgery
- After a hip or knee fracture
- After a stroke
- After a hospitalization where you spent a lot of time in bed and became weak
- After an operation, especially after heart surgery
- If you are having problems with balance, dizziness and / or have fallen down
- If you are experiencing incontinence
- If your ability to function safely at home is declining
- If you have been diagnosed with Parkinson disease, Alzheimer’s disease or Muscular Dystrophy
- If you need mobility assistive equipment